Purchasing Tickets & Box Office Details
As we are now in Orange level for the COVID Protection Framework, we are currently following the Government’s health advice for holding indoor gatherings.
What does this mean?
Entry to the Venue
• Masks are encouraged for anyone 12yrs and over entering the venue.
• Masks are mandatory for all staff.
• Masks are not required while eating and drinking
• All staff must sign in the Western Egress book
• Antiseptic wipes available on entry, at bars, and before going into the auditorium.
• All commonly touched surfaced should still be wiped down regularly.
• Bars operating as per Government Guidelines.
Patrons are no longer required to show their My Vaccine Pass or scan in the QR tracing apps on entry.
– Bars will be in operation on all levels open.
– Food and beverages can be ordered and picked up from the counter.
– You may eat and drink once seated.
– We encourage contactless payment.
– We ask that once you have purchased at the bar, you move to your seats to prevent congestion in the foyer areas.
– Toilets will be in operation on all levels open.
– Please wash your hands thoroughly.
– We have accessible toilets on all levels of the theatre.
– Our ushers will still check your tickets on entry to the venue, please have these ready.
– The Ticketek Box Office will be open to pick up tickets
– If you are purchasing tickets for other events, please be advised that by doing so you are accepting the you, and anyone else you are purchasing tickets for, will be required to show their My Vaccine Pass on entry to the venue.
Please keep in mind that our staff are here to help your customer experience. Any ill-treatment will not be tolerated.
Online: Book at a time that suits you via ticketek.co.nz.
The resale “scalper” market for entertainment tickets is a growing concern for our customers. Be sure to only purchase your tickets via our official ticketing agent ticketek.co.nz
By Phone: 0800 TICKETEK / 0800 842538
In Person: The Box Office located in the theatre foyer is open on Tuesday – Friday from 10am – 5pm. You can get in touch with the Ticketek Box Office by calling
03 260 5260, or 0800 TICKETEK (0800 842 538) or by email firstname.lastname@example.org
The only way to ensure you are purchasing legitimate and official tickets is through the Isaac Theatre Royal website (www.isaactheatreroyal.co.nz) which will link directly to our official ticketing agency, Ticketek (www.ticketek.co.nz).
The recently well-publicised resale “scalper” market for the purchase of unofficial tickets is a growing concern for customers, government regulators, artists, venues, promoters and ticketing agencies. There are many resale “scalper” websites such as Viagogo that use predatory and misleading means to lure unsuspecting ticket purchasers. Be aware, if you start looking for event tickets with an internet search engine such as Google or Bing, you may well be directed to an unofficial “scalping” site. These sites buy keywords for your search and often dominate the search results ahead of official ticketing agencies. These websites are designed to look official and they reassure purchasers with promises of ‘guarantees’ and ‘official tickets’ where in fact these tickets are being resold in breach of the ticketing agency’s official terms and conditions. These tickets may be void and are usually offered at two to three times face value. You risk paying an excessive price and not gaining admission to the event. Please avoid these sites at all times.
See Seating Plan
Join our Royal Friends via the website for free to receive a regular e-newsletter packed with details of up-coming shows, competitions & special promotions.
Before a show
We recommend arriving early to secure on street parking nearby. The most convenient Wilson carpark is located beside the Press building opposite the theatre on Gloucester Street.
Bar facilities are available on each floor of the Isaac Theatre Royal, opening 1 hour prior to the performance so you can enjoy a relaxing drink with friends before the show.
Pre-order your interval drinks at any bar to beat the queue later.
The show must start on time, so listen carefully for the 15 and 5-minute calls from our Front of House Manager over the foyer speakers. Many shows have lock outs determined by the promoter so make sure you are seated in advance of the show’s start time. Check show times in advance on our website or on your tickets.
At the Theatre
We kindly ask patrons and staff to;
- Present your ‘My Vaccine Pass’ upon entry if you are aged 12yrs 3months and over (required as per the Governments Framework).
- Scan in using the Covid-19 Tracer App or sign in manually.
- Avoid attendance if you are feeling unwell.
- Self isolate if you come in contact with a positive case of COVID-19 and do not visit the theatre until it is safe for you to do so.
- Practice good hygiene; covering coughs and sneezes with disposable tissues or coughing/sneezing into your elbow.
- Disposing of used tissues appropriately in a bin.
- Washing hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water and drying them thoroughly, or using hand sanitiser.
Have you experienced the glamorous ITR bathrooms yet? They’re really worth a visit! Patrons are advised that the main bathrooms for the venue are located on the Dress Circle level, up the marble staircase. Ladies can be found past the Ravenscar Foyer bar to the left of the Gloucester Room. Gents turn right at the top of the stairs. Ladies, Gents and Accessible bathrooms are also located on all levels.
The Isaac Theatre Royal is committed to being a modern accessible venue for all our theatre patrons.
All three levels of the Theatre are accessible via an elevator which is situated inside the main entrance foyer to the right-hand side of the entrance and adjacent to the Stalls foyer bar area. The elevator serves the foyer areas on each of the three floors. Wheelchair seating is available on the Stalls and Dress Circle level. Read more about the Theatre’s accessibility features
All phones, cameras (still & video) must be switched off upon entering the auditorium.
A show promoter will determine if there is a lock-out for late arrivals. This can sometimes be as long as the entire first act and will be announced prior to the show.
Our Front of House Manager is on duty throughout all performances at the Isaac Theatre Royal to assist patrons. It is our policy that all children and patrons with special needs are the responsibility of their parents/caregivers/guardians or carers. The Theatre reserves the right to ask patrons who are causing a disturbance to leave the theatre.
Intoxicated patrons will not be allowed into the auditorium. The Theatre reserves the right to evict any visibly intoxicated patrons from the premises.
We reserve the right to refuse entry of unaccompanied children under the age 12. A limited number of children’s booster cushions are available on request. A ‘babes in arms’ lap-pass policy may apply to some shows and is at the discretion of the promoter
Isaac Theatre Royal exclusively use Red Badge Security at all events.
As part of our routine security management, we will either have random or full bag searching in place on entry into the auditorium. This is to ensure the continuous safety to our patrons and guests.